Do you have swollen gums? If so, you suffer from what is called ‘gingival swelling’ in medical terminology.
You probably often go through a lot of discomfort and pain that makes daily life difficult for you. Eating meals or even drinking slightly cool water sends shudders down your spine because of the swelling in your gums.
You want to get rid of the swelling and the discomfort but going to the dentist is just a scary thought? Well, the good news is you can treat this dental problem at home too, with DIY remedies.
Let us firstly understand the causes of the swelling and what are the usual symptoms seen. We shall then delve into the remedies in detail. Keep reading!
What Causes Swollen Gums?
Swollen gums are commonly caused by –
- Plaque and tartar in your mouth can lead to gum swelling (Gingivitis)
- When the gingival infection progresses, gum swelling is sustained in the mouth (Periodontitis)
- Viral or fungal infections
- Irritation due to dental fixtures
- Allergies and sensitivity to dental products or food
- Gum injury (1, 2)
- Symptoms For Swollen Gums
- Some of the common symptoms that come with this condition include –
- Bleeding of the gums
- Red and swollen gums
- Increase in the gaps between the teeth
- Bad breath (1, 2)
- Here are 14 of the most effective home remedies to give you relief from swollen gums. Let’s have a look!
How To Get Rid Of Swollen Gums
- Salt Water
- Clove Oil
- Baking Soda
- Lemon Juice
- Essential Oils
- Lawsonia Inermis Leaves
- Castor Seed Oil
- Babul Tree Bark
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vanilla Extract
- Epsom Salt
To Read Full Article Please Visit : StyleCraze