Homemade lemon oil:
You will need:
– ¼ to ½ cup of olive oil
– ½ to 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
Directions: put the olive oil in a jar and add the lemon juice. Cover and shake it well. Leave the mixture for a couple of weeks. Remember to shake the jar every day. After three to four weeks you can start and use the oil.
How to use it:
Apply little bit of lemon oil on your fingers and massage your gums for a couple of minutes. Do this method not more than 2 times in a week.
Tips for preventing gum recession
It is better to prevent the problem then to cure it. If you see how many people have problems with receding gums then it is time to take some precautions. This way you will prevent other oral diseases as well. We will give you some tips that can help you to take better care of your gums and mouth.
Proper oral hygiene
This is one of the most important tips. It will keep the oral diseases away.
– No aggressive brushing.
– Use gentle strokes and circular motion.
– Brush along your gym line, do not push the gums.
– Use a brush with small head and soft bristles.
– The best way to keep good oral hygiene is to floss and brush after every meal. If you are not able to do that then after every meal use a mouthwash.
Mouthwash for a clean mouth
If you use a mouthwash on daily basis then your mouth will be free of bacteria and germs. It is recommended that you use it every day. We will give you recipes for homemade mouthwash if you do not want to use the ones from the market. They are made with some essential oils.
– Mix 1 to 2 drops of essential oil, such as sage oil, peppermint, clove or tea tree oil and mix t with ¼ to ½ cups of water. Mix it well and use it every day.
– Another good way to protect your mouth from infections is hydrogen peroxide. It is very strong so remember to dilute it with water.
Remember that mouthwash is very important. Do it at least 2 times daily: in the morning and in the evening.