Vaseline is a petroleum-based gel commonly used in home remedies, beauty routines, and in a variety of household projects. While there are a lot of misconceptions about what Vaseline is and isn’t good for, learning when it’s appropriate and when it’s inappropriate to use Vaseline will make sure you get all the benefits and none of the drawbacks of using this product. Learn how to incorporate Vaseline into your beauty routine, into your household chores, and when to avoid Vaseline and find a different product instead.
Also Read : STOP USING VASELINE IMMEDIATELY! 4 REASONS YOU SHOULD NEVER PUT PETROLEUM JELLY ON YOUR SKIN
1. Use Vaseline to soften rough skin. While Vaseline is not a moisturizer, it can be used to soften skin and lock in moisture on dry skin. You can use Vaseline as a spot-treatment for dry skin, especially during winter, helping to protect skin exposed to adverse weather conditions.
- Apply Vaseline to your elbows or knees to help moisturize the skin and rid the areas of any ashy texture or appearance.
- If you have callouses or rough spots on your feet, apply a thin coat of Vaseline at night then slip on some clean socks. Your feet should feel a bit softer the next morning.
- Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied. This will help to prevent uneven tanning.
- Use petroleum jelly after shaving. It can be used to smooth and soothe clean, freshly shaven skin.
2.Apply Vaseline to highlight around your eyes. Used alone or in tandem with makeup, Vaseline is a commonly-used and cheap product to highlight the natural beauty of your eyes. As long as you’re very careful to avoid getting petroleum jelly into your eyes, Vaseline is perfectly safe.
- Use a touch of Vaseline mixed with powder eyeshadow pigment to make new colors. Or, use it for a more solid eyeshadow that won’t get all over your face when you put it on. Some people like to apply Vaseline under eye shadow to create a shiny effect.
- Vaseline can be used to tame unruly eyebrows, by brushing a small amount across them. Similarly, you can use Vaseline to define your lashes and leave them with a glossy and waterproof look.
- Apply a thin coat to your eyelashes before you go to bed. While unproven, many people think that Vaseline may help your eyelashes grow longer and thicker over time.
Also Read : 15 Minutes Vaseline Facial To Get Crystal Clear Glowing Skin In Just Few Minutes!
3.Use petroleum jelly on your nails. Rub Vaseline onto your cuticles several times a day for softer, better-looking cuticles. Vaseline is often used as part of a manicure, to help make the cuticles pliable for tending back. It’s an excellent way of caring for your fingertips.
- Make your week-old nail polish look new again by rubbing a small dab over the polish, helping to restore the glisten and shine.
4. Apply it to your lips. In cold or dry weather, a very small layer of Vaseline applied to chapped lips can help retain moisture and keep your lips from drying out. Some people like to apply Vaseline before scrubbing lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate and leave them feeling smooth.
5. Apply Vaseline on your teeth. While it may seem odd, applying Vaseline to the teeth is an old stage-hand trick, used to get dancers and other performers more enthusiastic about grinning. Vaseline prevents your lips from sticking to your teeth, and is a common preventative measure taken when applying lipstick. Done correctly, Vaseline can help avoid getting lipstick on the teeth.
- Use caution and only apply a very small amount of Vaseline to your teeth. Nobody wants a mouthful of petroleum jelly.